1. Consent: If you fill in the website's contact form or use the online booking system, you are allowing Alyson Ritchie - Sports Massage Therapy, to hold your personal information. If you do not wish for your contact details to be saved, you may state so in your original message or by contacting us directly at any time. The information you supply during your initial consultation for treatment will be held together with any further clinical records to make up your complete Client Record. Your personal contact information will only be used for the purposes of contacting you regarding an up coming booking, an appointment reminder or follow up after your treatment.
2. Storing your information: Your information and digital records are stored on a password protected computer, with a secure Cloud Server. Any paper records are stored in a secure, fire-proof unit.
3. Retaining your information: You have the right to ask us to destroy your records at any time, if you wish to terminate our therapeutic relationship. Otherwise, adults’ records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended.
4. Accessing your information: Your personal information and information obtained during your initial consultation will only be used for the purposes of informing your treatment and will never be shared with any third party without your explicit written consent. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by email, in a PDF format.
5. Sharing your information: Your information will be kept strictly confidential, unless there are legal grounds for us to disclose something you have shared. We shall always inform you if we feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
6. Complaints: If, for any reason, you are unhappy with how we are handling your data, please raise your concerns with us first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
7. COVID-19: If our therapist or any client reports that they have contracted the virus or have been accidentally exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19, we will immediately contact anyone that has been in close proximity to us in the last 14 days. In the event of this, we will make contact by phone, text or email to ensure you get the message as quickly as possible. In so doing we will co-operate fully with the NHS Track and Trace system. The practice will also close for a minimum 7 day period.